Public events and places provide exposure to a broad cross-section of Virginians. Most Americans support Constitutional equality, but don’t know that we don’t have it — they’ll be glad they talked to you!
HOW TO DO IT
- Host a table at events like festivals and in public places like outside your library or grocery store. Election Day is an opportunity to reach a broad spectrum of voters. Use your creativity to come up with other ideas and reach out if you need assistance — we’ll support you!
- Ask to present at other meetings, for church groups or civic organizations. If you would prefer a coordinating role, we can arrange a presenter for your event. If you gather 15+ Virginians together you can request a speaker here.
- Host a happy hour at a local brewery, or a gathering at a coffee Speak for a few minutes, get people signed up, share information, and build connections with other advocates. If you gather 15+ Virginians together you can request a speaker here.
- Spread the word wherever you go — talk to your friends, neighbors, and family members. Wear your pin! Tell people you meet at the grocery store, bank, and carry information around with you to share.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ERA Talking Points
- ERA 101 Flyer
- Postcard template to print your own postcards
- Postcard writing instructions – check back often for updated postcard campaigns!
- 10 Ways an ERA Could Make a Difference from the ERA Coalition