… because SJ 1 (ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment) is heading to a Senate debate and vote on Wednesday, January 15!
ActionID phone banks are open seven days a week, 9 AM and 9 PM EST. Simply read the notes below and click the link to call voters in a Senate district.
This page is hosted on our website but cannot be found without the link. You are welcome to share it with like-minded friends or in a closed group of like-minded advocates, but please do not post it publicly. #NoTrolls
A few quick notes:
- You will need an actionID account to participate in our phone banks. OpenVPB accounts are free and when you click a phone bank link a browser tab will open and take you to openvpb.com where you can log on or open an account.
- Since the Senate is moving the most quickly, we will focus there until they have voted and then shift to Delegates.
- The VAratifyERA campaign sent out 2500 postcards to advocates around the state and asked them to start calling / e-mailing on January 8th. These phone banks are just an extra push for a couple of anti-equality Senators and one undecided.
- Every call is valuable, even if you do not speak with someone. Voicemail messages are usually received and flagging a wrong number helps with data cleanup.
- If you are calling from out of state and someone asks why you are calling Virginia voters we recommend an answer along these lines, “I am a pay equity / gender equality advocate and I want to help Virginia make history.” You could also mention that the Equal Rights Amendment impacts the entire nation.
- The phone bank will open in a new tab. If you have any problems or if the connection glitches please close the tab, come back to this page, and relaunch.
Note: If the link below takes you to the OpenVPB page and you are asked for a code (versus taking you directly to a phone banking script), either the phone bank was completed and the link has not yet been archived or you are not calling between 9 AM and 9 PM.
- Please keep our FAQ link open in a third tab in case someone has a question so you can easily answer it. If a caller wants to spin the conversation in directions that are not supportive of the ERA simply thank them for their time and disengage.
- Have fun!
District 26 – Senator Mark Obenshain – voted NO in 2019
District 7 – Senator Jen Kiggans (link coming soon) – never voted on ERA / vote unknown